During November of 2021, I had the chance to explore Egypt with 2 of my best friends. During our time there we were able to make even more friends and overall had a fantastic time traveling together. We may have not slept a ton on this trip but we made memories for a lifetime. So let’s talk about how we decided to spend our time in Egypt.
Since we were three young women traveling together in a predominately male oriented society we decided it would be best if we took a tour the first week. We thought it would be a bit safer and was overall the better option for us. Normally I am not a tour person as I like to be on my own schedule and plan it all out. However, I LOVED the tour we chose and it was actually a little less stressful/relaxing for me as it was already planned. We had a tour guide who taught us so much about Egyptian History, we made lots of new friends and we saw the most amazing sites. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone.
Here is a breakdown of what our first week was like:
- Arrival day – Cairo
- Cairo/ Sleeper train
- Felucca Cruise on the Nile
- Felucca/ Edfu/Komobo/Luxor
- Luxor/ Sleeper Train
During this week we saw ancient Egyptian temples, the pyramids, sailed on the nile and made so new friends. We learned about the mysteries of ancient Egypt through our wonderful guide, Mostafa. For a more detail itinerary of what we did this first week check out the Travel Talk Tour we did.
For the second week, we decided to head to the beach for a more relaxing time. As we were on the go for the first week it was nice to breath and enjoy a slow pace of travel. Egypt has a few options for beaches which surprised me when I first started planning. We looked into Hurghda, Marsa Alam, Dahab and Sharm El Sheikh. Ultimately we decided head to Sharm El Sheikh for a few reasons. We chose Sharm so that we could stay at a resort, go to the wonderful cafe and do an unbelievable hike.
What to do while in Sharm El Sheikh:
- Relax at the pool/beach. I mean you gotta have a bit of vacation to unwind right?
- Hike Mt Sinai. If this is something you would like to do then you need to look into different tours that will take you out there as they only run on certain days. This is the tour we did.
- Farsha Cafe. This is a spot you can not miss. We could have spent every night hanging out there. The vibes of the place are a mix of pirate of the Caribbean and Aladdin. The drinks there are amazing and its the perfect spot to watch the sun go down.
- Old town. The last night we were in Sharm we walked around the old town and had dinner. We really enjoyed this and were finally able to find gifts/souvenirs without being hassled about it.
- Red Sea. If you do not know the Red Sea is home to a large variety of wildlife and because of this it’s a place you HAVE to take snorkel or dive tour. The water was absolutely amazing and we really enjoyed snorkeling.
So that was our two weeks in Egypt! We still have so much more to see there and can’t wait to go back and see more of the country.